Senior Cafe Assistant & Van Driver
DRIVER. IMMEDIATE OPENING. PT position. Approximately 24 – 28 hours per week. Rappahannock Area Agency on Aging is seeking candidate to transport seniors to cafés, outings in community, events, trips out of town when scheduled, etc. Good DMV driving record with valid driver’s license required. Criminal background check, pre-employment physical, and pre-employment drug screening required. Applications can be found at www.healthygenerations.org. Include current copy of driving record with application. EEOE. No phone calls please. Position open until filled.
Duties will include but, are not limited to:
- Transport participants to and from senior cafés by approved and most efficient routes based upon daily pick-up list.
- Provide patient and courteous assistance to participants upon entering and leaving the van and at the café.
- Provide assistance to those who will need some help from their door to the van and from the van to their door.
- Operate the van at all times in a manner consistent with the health and safety of the passengers.
- Transport participants to designated shopping points only for the time specified unless prior approval to vary the shopping schedule.
- Perform routine pre-trip inspection according to the pre-trip form provided.
- Maintain both interior and exterior cleanliness of the van with daily cleaning of the interior.
- Return van to the designated area for overnight parking and secure all windows and doors.
- Keep an accurate monthly van sheet, to be filled out daily.
- While at the café the drivers are to get their directions and duties from the café manager. The café manager is in charge of the café and the drivers are to assist the café manager while at the café and on outing.
- Drivers will work in the kitchen, as needed, to prepare the meals and serve meals and beverages.
- Set up and take down the tables and chairs based on the requirements of each café.
- Assist with activities at the café, bingo, arts and crafts, etc.
- After lunch cleanup will be needed, sweep, wipe tables, collect trash and remove from café.
- The Café Manager will dismiss the drivers to pick up their vans and will dismiss vans when loaded.
- All Agency employees are to refrain from over expressing their opinions and employees should not engage gossip with anyone at the café. If gossip is reported disciplinary action will be taken.
- If the café manager is having a one on one meeting with another driver or participant, give the manager the privacy needed.
- The café manager will be responsible to give out any transportation or café news or changes. This may be in conjunction with other management.